Experienced Rhode Island and Massachusetts Criminal Defense Attorney
Brett Beaubien grew up delivering newspapers for the Woonsocket Call, his home-town paper, and spent his high school years as a dishwasher and line cook for a local family style restaurant. He left Woonsocket to earn a business degree at URI, and began his career operating a high energy restaurant in Rhode Island, overseeing a staff of over one hundred employees and managing a budget of over six-million dollars.
After leaving the restaurant business, Brett attended Roger Williams University School of Law, where he excelled in trial and appellate litigation, obtaining the highest achievement award for criminal litigation, and appellate writing and advocacy. In only his second year, he became the winner of his law school’s Moot Court competition in an argument before the Supreme Court of Rhode Island. He authored an article published in the school’s Law Review, and served as Student Chair of the law school’s student disciplinary tribunal, overseeing the prosecution of complaints of student misconduct.
Brett spent his law school summers with the U.S. Military; first as a legal intern supporting the DOD’s international law mission with the Defense Institute for International Legal Studies at Naval Station Newport in 2014, and then as a legal intern with the U.S. Navy Judge Advocate Generals Corp in Sicily, Italy, in 2015. He finished his law school career as a student attorney defending indigent clients in the Criminal Defense Clinic, appearing before the Rhode Island District Court and Rhode Island Traffic Tribunal.
Now, he works alongside some of the most successful criminal defense and family law attorneys in Rhode Island and Massachusetts, aggressively defending clients in Rhode Island and Massachusetts courts every day. Brett is dedicated to fighting for truth and justice, and to obtaining the most favorable results for every client, and prepares each case as if he were going to trial. Brett Beaubien believes in giving back to the community, and volunteers his time as an officer on the Board of the Rhode Island Legal Education Foundation.
- Roger Williams University School of Law, 2016, cum laude.
- University of Rhode Island, College of Business, 2005
- Rhode Island
- United States District Court for the District of Rhode Island
- United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- Member, Planning Board, Town of Warren, RI
- Treasurer of the Rhode Island Legal Education Foundation
- Rhode Island Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Rhode Island Bar Association, Member
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Member
- Board of Directors, Roger Williams University School of Law, 2022-2023
- Ex-Officio Member (President, Law Alumni Association)
- Law Alumni Association, Roger Williams University School of Law, member, 2018-2021; 2021-present; President, 2022-2024